If this role sounds like the right career move for you, please do get in touch.
We’re looking for a super organised Studio Manager for our thriving creative and digital agency in Milton Keynes. You’ll love to keep a tight eye on the studio work schedule and work closely with conceptual creatives, designers, artworkers and developers to manage workflow effectively and support them from a senior position. Server and software management, technical advice to the team, studio process development, as well as hands-on artwork for print and digital will all be part of your diverse skill set and experience.
This role requires an exceptional understanding of production techniques, print processes, online asset specifications and project sign-off. The Studio Manager needs to be dependable, very well organised and have responsibility for the quality control of everything that leaves the studio. Not only will you need to have an eye for typography, layout, imagery and production, but also capabilities in proof reading and guideline guardianship.
Reporting into and supporting the Creative Director of the day-to-day challenges of a busy studio, you’ll also need leadership skills to manage direct reports, nurturing their progress and progression within the team.
You’ll need strong attention to detail, an ability to retain information and be driven to ensure we stay on top of digital advancements including software, social media rules and guidance, plus continuous innovation in ensuring our job filing system is the best it can be.
You will need to be accomplished InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, plus have a broad knowledge of the capabilities of other software that exists in a studio environment.
- Hands-on artwork creation for a wide variety of communications and channels
- Manage and develop technical artworkers within the business and ensure they are trained in and adhere to our production processes
- Advise the team and clients on production techniques and print process
- Have a good understanding of the day-to-day projects going through the studio team so that you are able to effectively manage the studio schedule and advise on processes with all projects including branding, campaigns, social, websites and more
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality control for the studio’s entire output
- Have a solid understanding of key client’s CI to ensure accuracy of work delivered by the team, ensuring accurate second checking and proofreading
- Ensure the studio team is adhering to the processes set. Working together with the Creative Director to ensure processes are established to ensure smooth transition from creative development phases to final production and roll out, both print and digital
- Work closely with the Client Services team to ensure the schedule is accurate, briefs are received and considered
- Remain up-to-date with current and up and coming production processes and digital technologies
- Support the Creative Director and the wider business with ad hoc projects and requirements as and when needed
- Server and software management
- Organisation of key studio data inc. access rights, passwords
- G Suite and JumpCloud system management
- IT experience beneficial including workstation set up and technical support for the team
Required skill sets:
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum 10+ years agency experience
- Understanding of all marketing channels in order to create accurate asset output
- Excellent and accurate proofreading skills
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Confident team lead
- Confident and collaborative team player
- Precise and detailed artwork checks and sign-off
- Proof reading skills
- Personable and helpful in your manner
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to do’ list
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Confident client facing skills
We always have time for talent. Look forward to hearing from you.