Senior Account Manager
Cygnus is a creative & digital agency looking for an Account Director to join our team.
As we’re growing, we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Senior Account Manager who has a strong understanding of integrated campaigns with a passion to develop and learn more. This role is for maternity cover however, as a growing agency there is the possibility of this becoming a more permanent role.
We are looking for a solid Senior Account Manager who will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day management of our larger clients, as well as acting as a client lead on our smaller clients.
As we have a broad portfolio of clients, you could be involved in many different types of projects and campaigns including creative, branding, website build and deployment through to digital marketing, having responsibility for project planning, production and execution. You will need to be comfortable working as part of the broader agency team but also independent in running your own projects and working with other external partners and agencies.
Working with senior members of the business, you will help generate the account strategy to drive the profitable growth of your key accounts. You will be responsible for accurate forecasting, pipeline and profitability of your projects and you will fully understand your clients business objectives and how our work delivers to support them and their businesses KPI’s.
For the accounts you lead you will independently manage every aspect of the clients’ account, from the scoping/briefing stage, timings and the production of timing plans, the budget, right through to delivery, ensuring you always involve the right resources from across the business.
You may also be required to assist in relevant new business proposals and agency pitches.
– Client management and development
– Be the primary contact for your allocated key clients
– Ensure clients are continually updated on project progress
– Attend client and all-agency meetings
– Ensure timely delivery of projects
– Maintain client contact throughout projects
– Interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, develop briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way
– Support the AD in coordinating video production / photoshoots
– Actively seek new opportunities and potential growth within your clients working closely with the AD on the larger client accounts
– Support the AD with client growth plan requirements
– Address any issues in a timely and professional manner, updating the AD/Head of Client Services based on client type
– Ensure the AD/Head of Client Services is regularly updated on projects and activities relating to your clients, any issues or concerns, future plans and meetings
– Inspire, and support junior members of the team
– Manage the workload and output quality/quantity of AEs and AMs where relevant
– Be visible and approachable to all team members
Ways of working
– Work closely with the creative, production and digital teams to ensure efficient and profitable project delivery
– Proven track record of managing the creative process and project management
– Ensure processes are being followed
– Have an overview of the finances of your accounts at all times
– Work with the AD on forecasting and pipelines of work for your smaller accounts
– Always be aware of and control situations which may lead to the risk of non-profit or write-offs
What you’ll need:
– 4+ years integrated agency experience (preferably within a creative agency)
– Experience of working in print, or digital production role
– Managing content localisation and translation processes
– Knowledge of social and digital landscape
– Understanding of common web technologies, technical architecture, platforms, CMS, and services
– High quality proof-reading skills ensuring brand compliance
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment working on multiple priorities, prioritising, and keeping calm under pressure
– Have the ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a variety of projects
– Good presentation skills
– Good commercial awareness
– Good problem-solving skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong communication; verbal and written
– Strong organisational skills
– Team player
– A passion for advertising and creativity
– Ability to stay on top of industry trends
Nice to haves:
– TV broadcast / radio clearance experience
– Exhibition experience
– Knowledge of coordinating video production/photoshoots
– Synergist finance platform experience
We always have time for talent. Look forward to hearing from you.