Cygnus is a creative & digital agency looking for a Development Lead to head up our team of developers and become a major player within our thriving agency. Working with clients large and small, across various sectors, you’ll be integral in driving our digital offering forward, as part of an ambitious, passionate team.
- Expert Magento Commerce Lead/Commerce Architect (certifications beneficial)
- Relevant degree or computing/engineering qualification
- Strong Agile development/project management or SCRUM experience
- Demonstrable experience managing complex digital projects whilst adhering to best practices is essential
- Working at a senior level on complex, time sensitive development projects, including Magento, WordPress, CodeIgnitor, plus others beneficial
- Passion, understanding, and experience of implementing best practice within the full cycle of development (design, development, testing, documentation, CI/CD, release)
- Experience in implementing and standardising digital processes and tools within a department
- Proven experience in managing a development team as well as delivery of projects
- Demonstrable understanding of story pointing in the development and on-going management of project planning
- Management of Project Management and Workflow tools, e.g. Atlassian, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience using version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Strong demonstrable understanding of LAMP Stack and other technologies including, SOAP, REST, API Development
- Has defined and delivered end-to-end solutions, and can demonstrate understanding of complex business processes, including complex integrations with other business systems
- Managed development workflow, productivity, and versioning using industry standard tools, preferably managing multiple inputs from other developers
- Active systems architecture design and administration experience will be essential for further developing complex platforms within the agency
- Exposure to SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with other PHP-based CMS such as WordPress and exposure to DotDigital or other CRM/Marketing Automation packages
- Experience with developing apps for mobile devices
- Ability to maintain strong client relationships and spot and seek new opportunities
- Strong knowledge in server management set up (Apache, Ubuntu, SSLs, MySql etc.)
- Ability to work with various individuals within the team to accurately scope and quote on projects
- Good understanding of SEO/Google analytics/GTM plus implementation/tracking – advantageous
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both within agency, and client
- Can distil complex constructs and information for presentation to key stakeholders
- Can do, innovative, results oriented approach to delivering end-to-end solutions
- Demonstrably passionate and engaging in relation to new technologies and digital adoption
- Metrics and results driven with a focus on problem solving
- Self-disciplined with excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of integrity
If this role sounds like the right career move for you, please do get in touch.
Complete the form below, or email Jamie@cygnus.co.uk.
We always have time for talent. Look forward to hearing from you.